X and keymaps

I've got my system set up to use a personalized keymap via 'loadkeys'
but when I start up X, inside X only recognizes the qwerty keys.

I thought the latest X installations generally pulled the keymaps
directly from whatever loadkeys had put there - is there a specific
reason Debian's different?

And how do I fix it?

Gossamer

--
: --Neophilic-Hacker-Grrl-Geek-Eclectic-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@tertius.net.au  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/