Re: SOLVED Re: who exorcised my talk daemon?

On Thu, Oct 08, 1998 at 02:04:20PM +0100, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > 	When I try and ytalk someone on my machine, I get:
> >
> > 		  #  No talk daemon on pick.sel.cam.ac.uk   #
> >                   #        No such file or directory        #
> >
> > Where do I get the talk daemon from?
>
> Hmm - talk and talkd. Why doesn't ytalk at least suggest talkd? It seems a
> little silly to me - after all, most people would like a talk daemon if
> they want to use ytalk.
 I think that ytalk depends on netbase or something like that and talkd used
to be part of it (it popped out sometime ago i think)

--
 Robert Ramiega   | robert@pdi.net    IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 IT Manager @ PDi | http://plukwa.pdi.net/        | the power of Source