Re: Help!

At 05:04 PM 10/7/1998 -0400, Adrian Gudas wrote:
>Help! I've installed X, and it works, but the mouse doesn't work (at
>all). I'm thrashing around like a spastic cat trying to get back into
>shell, but I can't, and without the mouse, how am I supposed to change
>my config?
>
>PS: The mouse is an IntelliMouse. I specified this. Any known
>problems/anything else I forgot to do? What should I use as a backup
>plan?
>
>TIA
>AG

You should be able to Alt-Ctrl-F1 to shell out to a command prompt, where
you can then ps -x and then kill the offending X. As far as solving the
mouse problem, without further info, the best I can suggest is looking at
the Mouse section in /etc/X11/XF86Config.

Kent

Kent West, Technology Support
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu
Abilene Christian Univ., Abilene, TX
915-674-2557  FAX: 915.674.6724
Amateur Radio: KC5ENO
Debian Linux: Ride the wave with the penguins!