Re: What is the correct way to modify startup scripts?

Peter Iannarelli wrote:

> Hello Anthony:
>
> There is a file in /usr/sbin call update-rc.d. It permitts
> the addition and removal of startup files from the respective
> run-level directories.
>
> >My debian system is starting various processes which I don't need.  I
> >presume
> >I could prevent this by deleting the links in /etc/rc0.d but is this the
> >correct way to do it?
> >
> >Anthony

Hello, I don't quite follow and I also have a few things
that run at startup from my first install that I included
as modules (ppp,scsi,vfat) that still are trying to load
even tho I have made my own kernel with them complied in.
So I don't need or want to see them trying to load modules
that it first used to get my system going that arn't there
anymore.

How would I clean up the boot process of these old first
install modules..that arnt needed anymore and my present
kernel handles fine ?

Steven Udell
hettar@teleport.com