Re: Iomega Ditto Max and LINUX?

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Kent Andersen wrote:

> Is there any drivers available for the ditto Max tape drive for linux or
> more to the point is there anyway I can make it work under Linux???

Yes, ftape 4.02 can control the ditto Max.  I gave up on the ftape- ditto
2Gb combination because of a lot of problems.  I am not sure how
successful the operation of the Max will be.  As far as I know Iomega
would not cooperate with the development of ftape.

Regards.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when
      he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which
      the Lord hath promised to them that love him."
                                         James 1:12