Re: Problem using vi in telnet session

I often have to manually set my terminal type to 'vt100' every time I
log into my linux box from the windoze machine in my office.
	export TERM=vt100
then all works fine.  You might also want to look into using the stty
command to rebind certain keys to match what your terminal emulator
sends.  as in:
	stty erase ^?
where you press the backspace character to get ^?
I agree that the telnet app that comes with windoze sucks, but I
found it easier to find these workarounds than to install a new telnet
client on every windoze machine I visit when I want to telnet to my
real machine.  Hope this helps.

 - DeJay.
  _________
| http://bedrock.dyn.ml.org/dejay     |