Re: URGENT !!! SYSTEM BROKEN (CONT)

On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 11:02:31PM +0100, G. Kapetanios wrote:
> Following to my prvious email
> I have installed lilo. the system can boot from floppy.
> However, when I try to boot from disk the boot starts
> but it hangs with the following message
>
> VFS Mounted root (ext2) filesystem
> Unable to open an initial console
>
> This does not happen with the floppy boot.
> Any ideas ?

It cannot find /dev/console on your root partition. This coule mean
either that just that file does not exist (it certainly should),
or that the partition is ext2fs but is not your root file system.
Do you have another ext2 partition which you might have pointed
it to mistakenly? (With root= on the command line or in lilo.conf?)

Hamish