Re: ISDN: HOW TO start?

In article <[🔎] 98100316365511@psiclb.psi.ch> you write:

>I have a new Debian 2.0 distribution running well. I have recompiled the
>kernel with PCMCIA and ISDN support, bought an AVM Fritz! PCMCIA card,

I don't think that the AVM Fritz! PCMCIA card is supported.
Have you managed to get the kernel (i.e. the hisax driver) to see it?

>Can anybody post a detailed list of the actions he/she took to get an
>ISDN connection done starting from scratch?

As noted elsewhere, install isdnutils, and use the 'isdnconfig' script
that is offered during the install. After configuring the syncPPP
interface, you need to edit the example files the script generates (it
also says which files those are).

Of course, if you can't get the kernel to recognize the card, it's
pointless to install isdnutils...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org