Re: Safe rm available?

*- Hamish Moffatt wrote about "Re: Safe rm available?"
| On Mon, Oct 05, 1998 at 02:27:59PM -0500, servis@purdue.edu wrote:
| > I am using a program called safedelete that you alias to rm.  It is not
|
| This sounds like a really bad idea (aliasing it to rm). Once you get used
| to having it, you become more careless with the rm command; suddenly
| you're using another box where rm is for real and you've lost real work.
|
| Undelete is nice but not standard. I do admit to having used it to
| recover some work not long ago :-) (The NetApp file servers the university
| I study at uses keeps snapshots of directories by hour, day etc.)

I actually don't even remember I have it aliased, i.e. I panic
everytime I rm a file that might have been important.  So I have to
remember that I have safedelete running and use it if needed.  I
certaintly don't use it as a catch all.

But that is just me, your mental capacity may vary,

--
Brian
							   - unknown