kernel compile

I've managed to get a kernel compiled with make-kpkg, but I was wondering
- with slackware, I usually compiled with make zlilo, so that a "fallback"
kernel was made (it just copied the current vmlinuz to vmlinuz.old). How
would I achieve that with Debian? I'm not a big fan of rescue floppies -
and thought I'd check if there was an automatic way of doing it. Thanks!

---
When you have an efficient government, you have a dictatorship.
                -- Harry Truman

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key