Thanks pine 4.05 is installed but ...

I have finally got pine 4.05 installed. I think it is helping me to
dislike non-free software. Rigth now it is giving me messages I do not
understand. It always complain that "Mailbox vulnerable - directory must
have 1777 protection". I cannot figure out which directory it is
complaining about. I have played a little bit witch changing permissions
on /var/spool/mail without getting anywhere. I am sure if pine was
open-source these problems could have been fixed. Any solution form this
annoying message?

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469