Re: New Debian Install

Doug Dine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am preparing to install Debian for the first time. I am going to place it on my slave drive.
> I run Win 95 and it of course is located on the master drive. Is there any chance of
> damaging that partition when doing the install being as it's located on another physical
> drive?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Doug Dine

	You lucky to have 2 physical drives; many of us have only one.  Just
make sure you never refer to /dev/hda (your master Win drive) and you'll
be fine.  One Exception:  if you use Lilo, remember that it needs to
modify the master boot record of the master drive so lilo comes up first
when the computer boots, so be careful when installing lilo.  Also, if
you want to mount your master drive using the vfat file system in fstab,
then you'll need a line fstab that refers to /dev/hda.

--
Ed C.