Re: have anyone got dhcpcd working ?

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Sergey V Kovalyov wrote:

> I wonder, have anyone manage to get a working dhcpcd ? I've tried to
> install it once, but the package seemd to be broken.

I use it.  My site needs the -r switch (or at least did and I never
bothered to change it).

> Installation script
> complained about absence of /etc/dhcp directory but refused to create one,
> so I had to do it by hand and reinstall.

I've been using it for a while, upgrading, no fresh installs for over a
year.  Although the last time I helped someone else this summer, there
weren't any problems.

> Then the daemon itself could not
> create a socked - it requested type 17, which even did not have a name and
> hence the kernel tried to load non-existing module, something like
> net-11.... Finally, I gave up.

Hmm... never seen that one.  Didn't show up in a grep of my logs.  Closest
I come is a non-fatal netscape caused message:
Sep 20 14:18:20 cnhobbes modprobe: can't locate module net-pf-4

> So I wonder - did I miss something, or it is indeed broken?

I can't really verify either.  I can say that it works for me under my
specific setup.

HTH,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)