Re: nn & local news spool

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 Paul@Mills-USA.com wrote:

> Set NNTPSERVER=localhost in your environment. It took me
> months to figure this out. I do NOT find this documented
> anywhere.

I have my default server set up to localhost, so this wasn't
necessary for me.  However, I was emailed a message that told
me how to fix the problem.  Since it wasn't CC'd to the list
I'll repeat it for the benefit of others:

There is a bug in the nn source.  One work-around is to
    ln -s /var/lib/new/active /usr/lib/news/active
as root.  This puts a link in place to the active file
from where nn thinks it should be.

Mark