Re: Netscape 4.06 and Debian 2.0

Doug:

	I'm echoing this back to DebianUser so that hopefully someone who has
seen this happen before will help.  I never had this kind of problem
before and I've been using netscape since v3.05.  What I say below is
nothing more than guesses.

doug a blaisdell wrote:

> ed--
> You posted a reply on this which indicated you got things working.
> I downloaded the Linux2.0 version of 4.06 (glibc), did ns-install,
> tried to run it, and got lots of "library not found" type messages,
> eg libg++.72 or some such (I'm at work). No such animal on the disk,
> though libg++.722 (or something like it) is in /usr/lib, and dselect
> says the g++ libs are installed.
>
> As they say, "what gives"?
>
> thanks,
> doug

	Do you have libc5 installed as well as libc6?  I'm assuming you are
running hamm, right?  The only thing I can think of at this point is
that the netscape binary is trying to link with libc5 instead of libc6
(glibc).	Compare the output of 'ldd /usr/local/netscape/netscape' with
'ldconfig -p'.  Perhaps you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your environment,
thats causing the trouble?

--
Ed C.