Installing Sybase server from RH ftp site

Yesterday on http://www.redhat.com/ they were offering a free download
of RPM package of the Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise and of its
docs.  You are asked to register but can access the ftp site directly
(ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/sybase/) if you prefer not to do that.

Has anyone tried to install these on a Debian system either with rpm
or with alien calling rpm?  Since it will be a big install and I need
to clean up the root partition to do it, I would appreciate hearing if
others have been successful with these.

Please respond to me as well as to the list.  I usually don't have time
to read the entire mail list and would prefer not to miss a response.

Here is what rpm on a Debian 2.0 system reports about the packages:
 bash-2.01$ ls -l sybase-*
 -rw-r--r--   1 bates    bates    32697133 Oct  1 09:52 sybase-ase-11.0.3.3-1.i386.rpm
 -rw-r--r--   1 bates    bates     8494779 Oct  1 10:40 sybase-doc-11.0.3.3-1.i386.rpm
 bash-2.01$ rpm -q -p sybase-ase-11.0.3.3-1.i386.rpm -R -i
 /bin/sh
 ld-linux.so.2 >=
 libc.so.6 <>
 libdl.so.2 =
 libm.so.6 >
 /bin/sh >S
 Name        : sybase-ase                  Distribution: (none)
 Version     : 11.0.3.3                          Vendor: Sybase, Inc
 Release     : 1                             Build Date: Mon Sep 14 06:35:55 1998
 Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: sonofsam.sybase.com
 Group       : Applications/Databases        Source RPM: sybase-11.0.3.3-1.src.rpm
 Size        : 112172700
 Packager    : Wim ten Have <wtenhave@sybase.com>
 Summary     : Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.0.3.3 System installation
 Description :
 Sybase(R) Adaptive Server(R) Enterprise is the industry-leading structured
 query Language database server. It supports ANSI-92 SQL with Sybase
 stored procedures.

 Sybase Connectivity Open Client/Server(tm) is the industry-leading
 network oriented application development environment with tools to
 maintain and administrate the Adaptive Server Enterprise platform.

 Supporting files which apply to the Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise
 shared between the SQL Server and Open Client/ Server development
 environment

 System information on the Software License Agreement governing use of
 Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise for Linux 2.0 can be found in the file
 Information on the Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise license may be found in
 the file /usr/doc/sybase-1-1/LICENSE.update.

--
Douglas Bates                            bates@stat.wisc.edu
Statistics Department                    608/262-2598