Tin hangs on Debian 2.0

I installed a fresh Debian 2.0 system via FTP. The tin newsreader shows
the groups available, but when I press Enter to see the headers, the
program hangs.

I found this problem on two different systems.

I fixed the problem by purging tin_980226-3.deb and installing the old
version from a Debian 1.3.1 CD-ROM. The old package is tin_97.03.21-1.deb
which required the old lib ncurses3.0.

I noticed that tin has moved from the main directory to the non-free, does
this mean something?

Is there anybody using the new tin on a new 2.0 Debian?

Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy