Re: Filter for HP5L

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Shao Ying Zhang wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	Thanks for your help. I finally managed to get my printer working.
>
> 	Now, I have a new problem. I am using HP5L. I tried to use the
> filter laserjet-filter, but it gives me error when printing the last page.
> I have tried out most of other laser* filters, but just wasted 30 pages of
> paper...

I use my HP5L with a printcap formed by magicfilter.

# > This file was generated by /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig. <
#
lp|lj|hplj4l|lj:\
	:lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4l:\
	:sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
	:if=/usr/sbin/ljet4l-filter:\
	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery
      trial which is to try you, as though some strange
      thing happened unto you; But rejoice, inasmuch as ye
      are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his
      glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with
      exceeding joy."       I Peter 4:12,13