Re: How do I get exim to work?

>> Isn't there a howto on how to set up a single pc with a dialup connection
>> to an ISP  using exim, fetchmail and procmail?  I know I do not need
>> procmail if I use exim, but then I have to understand how exim works and I
>> cannot get it working for a basic system.

 I have fetchmail feeding straight to procmail like:

 mda "formail -s /usr/bin/procmail"

 procmail then sorts and delivers it to to my homedir.

>> Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy, but I am a bit frustrated.

 No wonder - you seem to be taking the hard road on this,
 I remember your mails about this ages a go.

>> The reason why
>> I wanted to try out exim was because I get problems with a "Sender" field
>> when I use smail.  Some mail servers reject my mail as the following
>> message illustrates (irrelevant lines removed):

 Hrmm. I use the following in my exim.conf:

qualify_domain = lonesom.pp.fi
local_domains = lonesom.pp.fi:lonesom.pp.fi

local_domains_include_host = true
local_domains_include_host_literals = true

 that get's the host part right for me.

	--j