Re: Debian 2.0 & Cheaper Bytes again

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> Another option might be the "dpkg-multicd" method written by Heiko
> Schlittermann; it's available from
> ftp://ftp.datom.de/pub/people/heiko/debian/
>
> Unfortunately, the .deb doesn't have a copyright file, and the source for
> 0.5 (the 0.7 source's permissions are wrong) doesn't contain copyright
> information. As such, we cannot distribute it as part of Debian; Heiko,
> please consider changing this.

Hopefully the Debian versions will handle this.  I made my own CDs and
hey, when using a second one, it totally screwed up the list of what
Debian thought was installed!  I had to switch to doing everything via
ftp after the initial install to avoid having my whole installation
hosed!  ;-/ (Or at least, appearing to be hosed.  dselect
installed/removed packages I didn't ask it to, because the list of
packages got seriously screwed, or so it appeared from the messages
on-screen.)

Thanks for the pointer to dpkg-multicd,
Kendall