Re: june 1998 CDrom disk set - Debian

> I recently purchased the June 1998 InfoMagic 6 CD set. On the back of the
> case, it clearly states that the Debian 2.0 distribution was included in the
> set. I mounted the "debian binary" disk and got this for the directory:
>
> Debian-1.3.1  TRANS.TBL     boot	  doc		stable
> READ_CD.txt   bo	    colophon.txt  frozen	tools
> SOURCE.txt    bo-updates    contrib	  ls_lr.4
>
> Hummmmm. Wonder what they had in mind? I thought I purchased the 2.0 release,
> but it is clearly an error.

<ramble mode on>

They F***** up.  Again.  Never get an InfoMagic set if you want Debian.
The first version they sold was 0.97, they claimed it was 1.0 on the
box.  Several other versions they issued missed files, I remember one
with the xbase package missing.  Now all they have to do is copy an
image, they start mentioning the wrong version again.  They do have the
correct version on their website (there it says 1.3).  There must be
someone at InfoMagic that hates Debian, or otherwise they are extremely
clueless.  Both are good enough reason not to buy from them.  If I were
you, I'd try to get a refund.

<ramble mode off>

Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032