Re: Debian Installation Problem

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998 08:56:28 -0500, Bruce Walzer wrote:

[...]
>I agree with part of this. DO NOT waste your time fiddling with dselect, you

Thanks Bruce. I almost felt like an idiot fighting with dselect. :-(

>Most recently when faced with the same situation as you I just installed
>apt and used that to finish up the installation using apt-get. It went very
>well.

Will do!

>Once you get a Debian system installed for the first time the ease of
>maintaining it really does blow the other dists away. Short term pain, long
>term gain :-)

Well, this *is* the reason why I wanted to try Debian. I think once I'm thru
with this hell I'll be a happy Debian user. :-)

Thanks,

  Ralf

--
Ralf G. R. Bergs * Welkenrather Str. 100/102 * 52074 Aachen * Germany
+49-241-876892, +49-241-877776 (fax) * rabe@rwth-aachen.de  * PGP ok!