Debian 2.0 & Cheaper Bytes again

I have the CheapBytes 4 CD set. I was wondering if there is a clean
way of maintaining the dselect package list on my machine while also
installing stuff of the extra CDs.

If I copy a .deb file onto somewhere on my HD  and use dpkg -i does
this update the list of packages reported when I run dselect again?

Is there a "recomended" directory for me to stick these .deb files
in?

Would it be possible for dselect to ask for a local directory, that
is one that is not relative to the CD root, where extra .deb files
can reside, and so be included in the list of available packages.

Or perhaps have I missed someting somewhere?

Dave Whiteley
__
Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley@elec-eng.leeds.ac.uk
Standard Disclaimer:-
The views of the writer are not necessarily those of anyone else.
*Most Important Message*   *HAVE FUN*