Re: some questions

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, D'jinnie wrote:

 : I don't seem to have too much luck with fine-tuning my Debian machine. I
 : can't find xv (which I really like), compile all of the pine 4.05 dist

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/hamm/non-free/binary-i386/graphics/xv_3.10a-16.deb

 : (undefined references to crypt) and other little annoyances. Dselect just

add -lcrypt to the correct line in the Makefile (don't have it in front
of me, so I can't tell you exactly which variable to edit - I'll bet you
can figure it out).

 : swamps me with all the packages with no way of isolating just the ones I
 : want...BTW, is there a way to make dpkg show all the files it's
 : installing? I get nervous when I don't know what it's doing or where it's
 : going....
 : *sigh*

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD