Help with ssh

I figure that I need to configure something at this time but I am not
quite sure where to start.

I installed the ssh deb file on my Debian 2.0 machine.  I have also
installed the redhat side on my redhat machine.  Now I would like to
configure it so the root user has access to the debian machine by ssh
only.

I have the man page for ssh but I am a little lost.  Do I configure a
file for access to user accounts like the hosts.allow?  Or do I have
to build a set of keys to copy to the local machines?

Any help would be apreciated.

Brian

==
Brian Schramm