Re: samba

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Benoit Joly wrote:

 : 2) I have a printer on the win95 box (canon bjc-210)
 : how can I config my linux box to print there?  I looked in the howto, but
 : it'smore like a cryptic language than a help file :).  It say something
 : about /etc/printcap, but nothing about inkjet printer.
 :
 : if I had some real config file, it will be great :)

Install the apsfilter package I'd say, it knows about loads of inkjet
printers. After that, you'll see your /etc/printcap file which works for for
example the 'lp' program.

Then you need to configure samba for printing. I'm using these settings in
smb.conf:

[global]
   printing = sysv
   load printers = yes
   print command = lpr -P%p %s
   lpq command = lpq -P%p
   lprm command = lprm -P%p %j

[printer]
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = no
   printer name = lp
   path = /tmp

The "printer name" line defines the printer samba using (settings about
printer `lp' are defined in /etc/printcap).

Good luck!
 -Remco