Sendmail Problems

How do I prevent Sendmail (8.8.8) from doing a DNS lookup when sending an
e-mail. The Sendmail FAQ states that :

    With version 8.8, you change the service switch file to omit
    "DNS" and use only NIS, files, and other map types as appropriate.

I tried omitting DNS in "hosts" of  /etc/nsswitch.conf, but this does not seem
to work. Temporarily, I have commented out the DNS lookup in sendmail.cf file.
Am I doing the right thing my commenting the DNS lookup in cf file or is there
any other solution for this (apart from recompiling sendmail source by
undefining NAMED_BIND)

My sendmail.mc file is as follows:

divert(0)
VERSIONID(`@(#)sendmail.mc	8.7 (Linux) 3/5/96')
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH', `/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
OSTYPE(linux)dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail,`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST',procmail:/etc/procmailrcs/offlinemail.rc)dnl

--

Saisanthosh