Re: exim:rejectlog

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Bubulac Angela Tatiana wrote:

> hello,
> could someone tell me about the refused relay ....
> messages from the rejectlog file? What does this mean?
> In what condition these messages occurs?
> In the attachment you have my exim.conf and rejectlog files.
> TIA.
> Bubulac A. Tatiana

If someone tries to connect to your port 25 and send a message that is not
from a local domain to a destination that is also not a local domain and
is not lised in the "relay_domains = " configuration item, exim will
refuse to relay it.

You can modify it to relay everything with relay_domains = * or you can
enter a colon separated list of domains that you will relay to:

relay_domains = my-buddy.com:other-buddy.com:friendly-host.com

In other words, exim will not act as a mail relay by default, you have to
configure it to be a relay.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!