Re: chown for the floppy group

Kenneth Scharf wrote:

> You can also add a line to /etc/fstab for /dev/fd0  with options to
> set to user access without mounting the disk.  That way anyone may
> mount a floppy.
Well, I suppose I better RTFM some more.  However, I did a chgrp floppy
/floppy, all is fine and dandy without any floppy mounted.  However,
when I mount a floppy as root the root group once again owns the /floppy
directory which means I cannot write to it when I'm logged in as a
standard user.  I also have this problem when I try to mount my vfat
win95 partiton.  Another question when I try to mount a vfat partition I
get the errors:
Unable to load NLS charset cp437(nls_437)
Unable to load NLS charset iso8859-1(nls_iso8859_1)

but I can still read and write to the disk (as root), I'm guessing I did
something wrong when I recently compiled the kernel with kpkg.