HELP: Printing in Wordperfect8

I am having trouble printing in WP8. I have a Lexmark Optra R+ set to lp
using Printer Create/Edit , then Setup, then Destination. When I click
on Print, WP says the print job has been queued but the printer does not
get fed the file. When I try again, WP queues the file a second time.
When I invoke lpq, it reports the queue empty. My printcap file is

lp|lex|lex|Lexmark OptraR+:\
 :lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lex:\
 :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:\
 :if=/usr/sbin/ps600-filter:\
 :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:
 The fact that I am a newbie probably explains my difficulty. By the
way, my 30 day licence is expired but WP8 continues on by clicking
Cancel at opening screen.

Albert Hurd