pcmcia modules

I have just installed pcmcia-source with dselect and run
make menuconfig
make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image modules_image
dpkg -i ../kernel....x.xx.deb

No complaints during compilation.
There is now a directory /lib/modules/2.0.34 but still no
pcmcia directory in it and no file modules.dep.
There is, however, a directory
/usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/debian/tmp-modules/lib/modules/2.0.34/pcmcia

I am now copying it into /lib/modules/2.0.34 and rebooting.
I'd like to know what was wrong/missing in my procedure above that I
have to do this copying operation by hand now. Shouldn't it be also
automatic, as well as the deletion of the tmp-modules subdirectory
mentioned above?

Remo

| Dr. Remo Badii             | Paul Scherrer Institute   |
| Nonlinear Dynamics and     | 5232 Villigen PSI         |
| Stochastic Processes Group | Switzerland               |
| badii "at" psi.ch          | http://www1.psi.ch/~badii |