Re: Another FAT32 question...

> Hi,
> This is of course a FAQ but either I'm extremely bad
> at finding the answer or the debian FAQ file isn't
> maintained well..

I know the feeling.  There's a lot of info out there and sometimes it's
hard to dig through it all.

> I would like to install Debian from my FAT32 partition,
> but the installation image does not understand FAT32!
> Surely someone must have made an image available
> that can read FAT32?
> When can we expect an official Debian installation
> that supports FAT32?

I had no problems mounting my Win98 partition when installing Debian.
When it asked for the location of the install stuff, I switched to another
virtual terminal using <alt>-F2 and did "mount /dev/hda1 /mnt" from that
terminal.  I then switched back using <alt>-F1 and selected "already
mounted file system."  I had the Debian stuff under c:\My
Documents\linux\debian, so for the location of the files I used
/mnt/mydocu~1/linux/debian.

Hope that helps.

Rich