Re: Kernel Panic: VFS Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

In article <[🔎] 36041D6A.52E3CDAB@geocities.com>,
Samuel Landau <samuel_landau@geocities.com> wrote:
>dear mister, that's the orginal doc from de kernel source, not the
>Debianized one.
>well, with Debian there are some more files that are necessary for the
>kernel to work
>(e.g. : /boot/SystemMap)

That's nonsense. I have never used the Debian style and always installed
my own kernels. /boot/System.map is not essential for the boot
process either.

Remember.. Debian is just Linux .. there's nothing special about
the kernel.

Mike.
--
  "Did I ever tell you about the illusion of free will?"
    -- Sheriff Lucas Buck, ultimate BOFH.