Re: network monitoring

On Sat, September 19 1998, Norbert Veber <nveber@vtech.ml.org> wrote:

|--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

|Anyone know of some good network monitoring tools for linux?  Better yet,
|are there any in debian?  What I'm looking for is something that will show
|graphs or statistics of network traffic on a per host basis, show the number
|of collisions, possibly track down the hosts that cause the most colisions,
|etc etc..

A nice graphing utility is MRTG.  It caters mostly for SNMP but you
can monitor and graph pretty much anything.  It's not quite the
easiest to get to use but MRTG 3 should impruve it dramatically once
it gets out the door.

(there is a debian package for MRTG, of course, as well as a helpfull
mailing list)

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous