Arla

Has anyone here had any success either compiling Arla or installing
the RPM package with alien?  When I try to compile, it complains about
all sorts of missing header files.  The RPM installation doesn't work
because it can't find libreadline.so.3 (Debian only provides
libreadline.so.2).  I got the latest libreadline RPM from RedHat but
the linker for Arla still fails.  What gives?  I'd really like to get
AFS working here and it looks like Arla is my only choice if I want to
use the development kernel.

Thanks,
    Max