Re: ppp problems

On 17 Sep 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> Matt Porter writes:
> > My scripts in ip-up.d and ip-down.d do not run, nor does the actual ip-up
> > or ip-down script itself (tested by throwing an echo command in there).
>
> Not a valid test.  These scripts are run with stdin and stdout connected to
> /dev/null.
>
> > My user is in those groups already.
>
> chmod g+x /etc/chatscripts .

I had multiple chatscript stuff lying around from previous version of ppp
that didn't get cleaned up on upgrade.  I had to fix the group owner on
/etc/chatscripts and my unprivileged user can now run pon.  Also, verified
that my ip-up and ip-up.d/* scripts were being run by touching a file.  I
had some "user error" in my own scripts :).

Thanks to all who responded with help!

Matt Porter
porter@neta.com