Re: Q: Why Midhight Commander stopped working on text console?

Date forwarded: 	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:04:09 -0300
Date forwarded: 	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:03:39 +0000
Date sent:      	Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:03:08 -0800
Forwarded by:   	Alvaro.PROGRAD.UFRGS@querencia.ufrgs.br
Forwarded by:   	debian-user@lists.debian.org
From:           	Greg Frye <gfrye@arb.ca.gov>
Subject:        	Re: Q: Why Midhight Commander stopped working on text console?
Forwarded to:   	alvaro@decordi.ufrgs.br
To:             	"debian-user@lists.debian.org" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Send reply to:  	gfrye@arb.ca.gov

> I'm having the same basic problem except I don't have X to get to
> Midnight Commander and I don't get any characters after starting MC.  I
> have to go to another virtual console find the PID with ps and then kill
> it.  I have to reboot to get MC to start working again.  I can't
> correlate MC failing to start with other events and I haven't found a
> way to get MC working again without rebooting (ouch).
>
> Greg
>
> Oleksiy (alex) Bolgarov wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Who can tell my why my Midnight Commander stoped working
> > on text console?
> >
> > When I type 'mc', screen goes blank and after couple of
> > seconds only one character appears, in upper  right corner
> > of screen - usually it is '|', but sometimes it  is '/'.
> >
> > When I'm starting Midnight Commander from under X11 (from various
> > flavours of xterm), it works OK.
> >
> > I'm using Debian 2.0, but have upgraded a lot of packages from
> > unstable distribution. Actually, I had upgraded Midnight
> > Commander itself from unstable distribution, but that did not
> > help.
> >
> > alex
> >
> > --

I'm having the same prob .. if you find out something,  please let
me know.

Thanks,

Alvaro Reguly
====================
Administracao da Rede
Nucleo de Desenvolvimento e Suporte em Informatica
Pro-Reitoria de Graduacao
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
alvaro@prograd.ufrgs.br
alvaro@vortex.ufrgs.br

Voce ja prestou atencao no sucateamento da Universidade Publica?
/"\
\ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
 X   ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
/ \