Re: gimp &/or xv resize function?

*- paul@experimental.braille.uwo.ca wrote about "gimp &/or xv resize function?"
| Hi everybody, I just installed gimp and was trying to resize an image
| from 640x480 to 1024x768.  I can't seem to do it.  In gimp if you use
| the resize the image it resizes the window and leaves the image at
| 640x480.  Do you have any suggestions.  I can't seem to get this task
| done.  There are no features that I can find with xv to resize an image
| to a bigger size.  I have been to the gimp and xv site and could not
| find the answers there.  I am not an artist just a guy trying to
| customize his enlightenment desktop.
|
| If any one can help me, I would really appreciate it and be greatful.
| Paul

In XV right click on the image to get the 'controls' window, click on
'Image Size' button, select 'Set Size'.  You can specifiy a fixed
number like 1024x768 or a percent change.

If you are trying to create a background image you could just have xv
resize the image at startup and drop it on your background and then
quit.  This will save disk space.  I do the following in my .xsession

(xv -rmode 6 -quit -maxpect ~/Graphics/q2.jpg&)

This tells xv to us the 6th root mode(centered)(corresponding to the
6th root mode on the Root menu of the controls window), make the image
as large as possible on the background while maintaining the aspect
ratio and then quit.

--
Brian
							   - unknown