Adaptec AIC-7890 and kernel 2.1.121

Has anyone been able to get the latest development kernel (2.1.121)
working with an Adaptec AIC-7890 SCSI controller?  I compiled the
kernel with AIC-7xxx support built in, but it refuses to recognize the
SCSI interface at boot time.  I'm currently running 2.0.34 with the
AIC-7xxx patches, but I need the development kernel for some other
features.  Kind of suprising that it doesn't work given that all the
patches were supposed to have been implemented...

Thanks for any help,
    Max