Re: can't compile 2.1.121 under Debian Hamm 2.0

"James D. Freels" <fea@fea.rrd.ornl.gov> writes:
| Using a typical installation of Debian Hamm 2.0, I am having trouble
| compiling the current development kernel.  Can anyone give me a clue
| on the following error message:
[snip]

I seem to remember something about the development kernels requiring
newer versions of glibc, or was that older? My recollection isn't what
it used to be.

If you don't get a definitive answer from the friendly debian-user
list I'd try posting to the Linux kernel mailing list. Just send email
to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu with the single line in the message body

subscribe linux-kernel <your email address>

I'm sure that someone there *can* answer the question. Whether anyone
there WILL answer it may be another matter...

Gary