Re: printing takes hours in HAMM

> According to <beitamos@inter.net.il>:
> > After upgrading to Hamm, (actually, after upgrading to 2.0.34) I noticed
> > that the advanced extensions to the parallel port (SPP and such) can be
> > recognized.  Perhaps these extensions are the source of your problem ?
>
> Ah, that sounds like a very good idea!  I will experiment with the
> lp settings in the BIOS tonight and see whether that makes a difference.
> How did you find out about that difference?

	How did I find out about that difference?
Some time ago, while I was still running bo, I experimented with my BIOS
settings and noticed that the printer behavior is different when the BIOS
enables the parallel port extensions. The only thing I remember is that either
the printer didn't work at all, or that it was very slow or that it began the
printing and then stoped. It didn't took me much time to reset the BIOS to the
simple parallel port definition.
That is the only thing I can say about it because I didn't look at it any
further.