Re: PS: moving in mutt.

debian@sos.ethz.ch wrote:

>> I just installed Debian 2.0 via ftp.
>> I cannot move up and down in mutt to select individual mails using the
>> arrow keys (is that the right expression?) in my keyboard. It just
>> tells me: Key is not bound. A bug or a feature? Under Slackware I
>
>I just realised, that mutt started directly on my computer here at
>home has no problems with cursor movement, but only if I rlogin to the
>computer at work from an xterm. But both computers have Debian 2.0
>installed. The one at work a very recent installation via ftp (two
>days ago), and the one here at home an installation made a few days
>after Debian 2.0 was released.

What does "echo $TERM" say when you're logged into the remote computer?
It should say xterm...  It sounds like the wrong TERM value is used. Or
the wrong terminfo files are installed, but that sounds unlikely with a
normal debian install.

Anyway, you can also move in mutt with the "vi"-style keys, so j is the
same as a down arrow, and k is the same as an up arrow.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands