RE: /etc/named.conf

Stef Hoesli Wiederwald <debian@sos.ethz.ch> writes:

>Under Debian 1.3.1 I just had a /etc/named.boot file. In Debian 2.0
>ther is now also a more complicated looking /etc/named.conf file, and
>guess what, my nameserver is not serving the zones it should be
>primary for anymore. I guess this is just a RTFM issue. So could
>someone please tell me which FMTR?

    There is HTML documentation with an extensive configuration file guide.
    My company is planning on putting them on our external webpage, but until
    that gets done, I stuck them off a webpage I manage.

        http://bird.taponline.com/inline/dns/doc/

    If you have specific formatting questions, feel free to send me your boot
    file and I can either convert it for you, or help you convert it.

                                    -Jeff

   |    Jeff Schreiber     | PROGRAM (v. tr.) - To engage in a pastime |
   |    aka - "Spectre"    | similar to banging one's head against a   |
   | schreiber@process.com | wall, but with fewer opportunities for    |
   |                       | reward.                                   |