Re: Apple diskettes

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Nils Rennebarth wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 07, 1998 at 01:09:47PM +0200, Blazej Sawionek wrote:
> > How can I read Apple McIntosh dikettes on a Debian system?
> Get the hfsutils package. In additon you may look at macutils too.

 Bear in mind that Mac double-density disks (800K or so) used a special
track and sector format that IBM floppy controllers physically *cannot*
read. Mac high-density disks (1.44MB) can be read by IBM drives, using the
appropriate software Nils mentioned.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles       (248) 377-7735    ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Every question has a simple, easy-to-understand wrong answer."
                        -H. L. Mencken