Re: Debian DSELECT

Kent West <kent.west@infotech.acu.edu> writes:

> LaTex, etc, may be far superior to wordprocessors, but again,
> there's the psychological issue of leaving one world (Windows) and
> trying to find similarities (WordPerfect, Word, Excel, etc) in the
> new world (Linux).

This is the source of all your problems.  You are trying to recreate
Windows.  It just ain't gonna happen.

Instead of thinking about applications, think about what you want to
accomplish.  As long as you think "I need a word processor", instead
of "I need to create and print documents", you are going to have
problems with GNU/Linux.