Re: Smalltalk for Linux?

On 14 Sep 1998, Ole J. Tetlie wrote:

 : |  : Does anybody knows about any free Smalltalk for Linux (preferrably
 : |  : as Debian package :-) )?
 : |
 : | I found one lately, called Squeak. Don't have an URL handy, sorry, but
 : | I guess you should be able to find it on the web.
 :
 : I thought Squeak was commercial (or at least it used to be).  GNU
 : Smalltalk is definitely free, but I never tried it on Linux.

Squeak has been put under a free, liberal license [1] by Apple some time
ago. At least you can go and grab it now :)

 -Remco

[1] http://squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/license.html