Re: mwm segfaults.

Sergey Imennov wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Upon upgrading from Debian 1.3 to Debian 2.0, Motif
> 	window manager gives me a 'segmentation fault' every
> 	time I attempt to start it.
> 	I suspect it has something to do with glibc ( I have
> 	libc5-compat installed ), however, that's all I know.

Check out the version of mwm, is it the hamm version?  Also
check out the version of all libraries it is linked against.
There must not be a mixture of libc5 and libc6 within the
linking.

If it still does not work please file an appropriate bug report.
See instructions at http://www.infodrom.north.de/Debian/Bugs/Reporting.html

Regards,

	Joey

--
Experience is a useful thing.  Unfortunately it is only acquired
just after one could have used it.