xfig won't start

Hello fellow debian users,

Has anyone else had trouble with getting xfig to work? When I try to start
xfig, I only get the following error mesage:

X Error of failed request:  BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  54 (X_FreePixmap)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  3258

which doesn't say me much. It doesn't matter what options i try to start xfig
with. 'ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/xfig' doesn't show any errors, so all libs seem to
be there. If anyone has any ideas how to get xfig up and running, I would
appreciate it.

TIA
+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +