Unidentified subject!

Could you give me some information about kde (K desktop environment) Im
trying to install it but I cannot get it to download onto floppies (i dont
have floppies big enough) I just loaded debian into my x86 computer and it
seem to load great. but I tried to PLOG and it wouldnt start my modem (lt
winmodem) could I possibly get some info on getting my connection going so I
can ftp the files need for KDE. Im a very novice user!!

J. S. Lauer