LT WinModem not working with Debian 2.0

Hello all!

I'm having troubles configuring my internal (PnP?) LT WinModem under Linux.
No one program can recognize it. Kernel also configures only the first serial
port (modem is attached to the second one). setserial doesn't find it in
the default configuration and I have to specify its parameters by hands:
 ${SETSERIAL} -b /dev/ttyS1 irq 3 port 0x2F8 uart 16550A skip_test ${STD_FLAGS}

Then setserial -bg produces:
  /dev/ttyS0 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
  /dev/ttyS1 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

But the message from minicom is still:
  minicom: cannot open /dev/ttyS1: Operation not supported by device

The same modem is working perfectly with Windoze. After a warm boot from
Windoze the boot process hangs at the configuration of serial ports and
I have to switch the computer off by hands (not good :-( ).

Is it a known problem? Or FAQ? Thanks a lot in advance for any reply!

  Norbert A'Campo

P.S. Information about the system:
  Notebook with Pentium 266MMX, 128MB RAM, Debian 2.0 with kernel 2.0.34